Krylon vs Rustoleum

Well, I wasn't fixing the house. I was spray painting a bicycle. I'd used Rustolem enough times. Didn't spray very well. So, this time to the Walmart, I bought Krylon. Sprays well, and the next day the nozzle isn't clogged.
Anyone else found this also?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I always use krylon. I don't understand why lowes doesn't carry it but wally world and most of thecraft type stores will have it. It's great paint.
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I recently made a stand for my drill press, composed of welded sections of angle iron and sheet panels. The stock metal was acquired as surplus, where it had been sitting out in a yard for a few years. It has been sitting since in my carport, and has about a 30% coating of light rust, mainly on the edges and the outside angle.
While I wire brushed the areas that I welded, the rest of it was untouched.
I applied two coats of the brown Rustoleum "Rusty Metal Primer", then let it sit for a few days before applying two coats of Rustoleum "Professional High Performance Enamel".
With neither product did I have any trouble of the nozzle clogging. I actually used the last half of a can of the primer that I had sitting around for the last year or two, and it worked just fine.
IIRC, I did invert the can of the "high performance enamel" after each use, but I have never done that with the primer.
I have always been impressed with their "Rusty Metal Primer", and while this is my first time using their "Professional High Performance Enamel", I am so far pleased with the results (it is certainly better than any of the cheap rattle-can products I have used in the past).
Jon (not a painter, nor a representative of Rustoleum)
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 8, 12:14 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

IMHO Krylon is WAY superior to Rust-Oleum; RO is very soft paint and even after fully cured is easy to nick with a fingernail etc. Krylon sprays nicer, dries hard (well, as hard as you can get from an uncatalyzed spray bomb) and leaves a nicer finish.
RO is good for just laying down paint to keep something from rusting and probably does a good job of that but for most jobs on clean metal I far prefer Krylon.
nate
Add pictures here
✖

Myself for projects around the house I use Krylon or maybe Tremclad if it's on sale, but I always prefer Krylon for my own projects
However I've had good luck with Rust-o-leum's "hard hat" line of spray primers and paints. I use that stuff at work on steel/iron carts we make for our pipe threading products. It'll EVEN stick to my crappy looking (but strong) weld beads with a nice gloss. We sell these carts to mechanical/plumbing tradesmen and contractors and the paint holds up real well under the conditions.
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Krylon is crap. It dries too fast and it's hard to leave a wet edge on the project. Finish a job and it has areas of over spray that doesn't shine. Although!!!!!!!! They did start using a spray nozzle like Dupli-Color has used for years. No more round spray pattern, adjustable to make the pattern vertical or horizontal. But I haven't yet used it. Rustoleum is pretty good stuff if you take your time, a lot more time than Krylon. Rustoleum could also use a better spray pattern. Like most things that have to *cure*, the longer they take the stronger they are. Krylon falls into the *quick crap* category. Now Dupli-Color makes some damn good spray bombs! Biggest problem is they just shrunk the size of the can and raised the price. Very expensive. I'll probably get out the spray gun a lot more often and get an even better paint for less money.
Add pictures here
✖