Krups 2-slice toaster disassembly

I have a Krups 2-slice toaster like this one: http://www.krupsusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5BA01DE-C6BA-4424-8E5B-1B377C0F6C8D/813/FEMFEP_multi.pdf
Im trying to disassemble it to have a look at the circuit board to see if it can be modified or adjusted to make darker toast.
The front handle/lever is used for raising or lowering the toast. Does anyone know how to remove it? It doesnt seem obvious and Id like to avoid breaking it.

I doubt you will find someone with specific experience taking apart that particular toaster in this group. Often plastic levels and knobs that attach to metal mechanical parts are a slip on fit. Try pulling while wiggling it a bit. It's up to you to judge when you are about to beak it instead of remove it. Most small appliances are not really intended to be repaired so they are not manufactured for easy disassembly.

Ok, thanks. I've taken apart other brands in the past. I've used a bobby pin to retract a spring clip holding a lever handle, but I don't see one on this. Sometimes I only find out how things are assembled after I break them.

I think we've all done that a few times.
Is it really electronically controlled?

Yes, I can see a small circuit board with a resistor and a capacitor mounted inside in the lower front section. Despite all the sophistication of the newer models, I think that the old toasters worked better.

The really old ones where the sides folded down and that in itself flipped the bread over were simpicity itself, But you did have to remember to flip the bread at the right time.

Yeah, but it still can be fun to try to imagine how things are assembled at the factory.

Yes. Sometimes I like good puzzles. Sometimes I just want good toast.