"Krazy Glue" Usage ?

Hello:

I plan on using that "Krazy Glue" liquid (guess it's similar to the old Eastman 910 product) to hopefully bond well two small pieces of plastic.

Sure everyone already knows, but this is Not an epoxy type of product

Instructions aren't clear on this:

Is it better to apply a small amount to just one of the surfaces, or to both surfaces ?

Any other info anyone might suggest in using ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

My vote is to just apply the glue to one side.

If you put too much on, it will just spill out the sides and need to get cleaned up so you've wasted it.

Reply to
bogus1one

Robert11 wrote: ...

dpb

You need to know what kind of plastic you're working with to decide what kind of glue to use. What sort of load it's expected to withstand would also be helpful information.

Reply to
Goedjn

If you are trying to glue Plexiglass, Lucite, i.e., acrylic, you should use methyl dichloride. This is available in small quantities from plastic suppliers. It is extremely runny and evaporates quickly. Making bubble-free "museum quality" joints is an art.

Reply to
Stubby

For putting the stone back in an engagement ring?

Reply to
HeyBub

it's superglue... give it a try...if it doesn't work, try it again. if that doesn't work, do what you thought about doing in the first place and get some epoxy.

HeyBub wrote:

Reply to
kellyj00

There is plastic cement that will work better than Krazy glue when it comes to plastic.

Reply to
tnom

tnom

CG is worthless for anything but glueing skin. Its too brittle for any real applications.

What are you trying to glue?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Hey, it doesn't even stick to my skin.

It's worked for me 2 or 3 times, but failed more times than that. I may have been using too much, even though it was only a drop.

When I cut back, I had more success but that might well be a coincidence.

Ace hardware has an epoxy for plastics, in a double syringe. Bought it but haven't used it yet.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
HarryB