Kool Seal replacement?

I can't find any Kool Seal paint for my mobile home roof. No one will even special order it for me in my small SW city, including Lowes. True Value hardware, who used to carry it, told me to use Henry Solarflex 287 SF (which they, surprisingly, happened to have in stock). I've tried it and no leaks but still... The roof hasn't had much stress since though - few rains and those not that heavy. The Henry can and web site doesn't say anything about sealing small or potential leaks.

Any recommendations? Last time I was here Kool Seal was highly recommended. Different Henry products seem to be most available here.

I'm off to visit the Kool Seal web site in hopes of finding a local source but last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

TIA

Ken

Reply to
Ken

No 'Where to Buy" listing for my city or nearby at the Kool Seal Inc. site.

Ken

Ken wrote in news:Xns9B0F5E0AC9DAAinvalidcom@

130.133.1.4:

Reply to
Ken

A year or so ago, I was in a HD and saw. Hmm. check online. No roof coat listed at H D.

The following URL:

h+Products&hl=en

has a length of 72 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 25 characters:

Hint: Try Ace Hardware.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

a google shopping search. Very helpful. I like Ace. Earlier this year I wanted a roll of garden hose, fabric, rolls flat. Like fire department hose. Can't find it instores. Online search found Harbor Freight had it, but back ordered. Ace had it shipped in from a warehouse, and I went and picked it up. I'm very pleased with Ace.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You might try a local mobile home / RV parts supply store in the local area.

Reply to
Oren

Ken,

Kool Seal white elastomeric is not made to stop leaks. They do have a rubberized primer that is made to stop leaks. The white elastomeric is only made to protect and extend the life of the roofing it is applied to. Any stoppage of leaks is coincidental.

cm

Reply to
cm

Ken,

We used a white elastomeric from Benjamin Moore paints on the last roof we did. It worked out very well. Also if you have a choice between two or the elastomeric coatings and are inclined to buy the cheapest then I suggest you read the labels and see how many square feet per gallon they cover and do the math. The more expensive coating may be less expensive by the time you are done.

Good luck,

cm

Reply to
cm

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:g9p6re$una$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

Finally found it there. Too bad the Ace here is out in a far suburb, or I'd go there more often.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:g9p6qs$ugs$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org:

That got it! Thanks. Wow! Kool Seal is now over $90 for 5 gal. with tax!

Ken

Reply to
Ken

That sounds like the disclaimer at the end of a police drama.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Ace where I got my hose, about thirty miles from me. I know that concept.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon