Kohler Rialto toilet

I replaced the flapper, yet the toilet continues to leak from the tank to the bowl. Do you know of a technique to cause the flapper to seat without leaking?
<< I replaced the flapper, yet the toilet continues to leak from the tank to the bowl. >>
If you didn't use a genuine Kohler part you can't get a good seal. Same with many other brands. The valve seat itself may be corroded out of round from an acidic water supply or adding blue goo to the reservoir (see posts in this NG on that topic). It's easy to get help from Kohler, Call their customer service at 1-800-456-4537 and get a parts sheet for your Rialto. Order the necessary pices and install them, and you're likely to be successful. HTH
Joe
Padge Ahearn writes:

Surprise, low-profile designs can't use standard parts. You need the pricey non-standard parts from Kohler.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Sad, but true. Get the Kohler part. Jim

As others have stated, and I found out, Kohler parts are just about the only thing that works. Check out the Kohler parts website, which was here the last time I looked:
http://store.yahoo.com/serviceparts /
What about these kits?
For Rialto (3402) toilets: http://store.yahoo.com/serviceparts/83095.html
For Rialto (3402, ba rev) toilets: http://store.yahoo.com/serviceparts/83650.html
The Kohler guys on the phone were really helpful especially in telling me how to adjust water levels, etc.
Check the seal between the flapper seat and the ceramic. A leak there will also run into the bowl. Alternatively you could just tighten it but you will need to improvise a plastic tool that comes with a new seat.

wrote (with possible editing):

In addition to what others have told you, you may have deposits on the seat which contacts the flapper. I had that problem - it was from deposits in the water supply. I ended up removing them with 0000 steel wool. After that, things worked fine.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com