Kohler Faucet water pressure- Maybe model Thermostatic Mixer K-669-KS

The flow is down to a trickle. The temp is just fine.

Any ideas before I open the wall up?

Thanks in Advance.

Doug Clark

Reply to
doug

doug wrote in news:beac8657-c311-44d1-b674- snipped-for-privacy@h20g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

The googled page shows something that costs over $300. However, it seems close in function to a cheaper Delta valve I have. The controller thingy in it was worn out/kaput, when our plumber diagnosed the problem. It was replaced and now all is well again. Cost waqs considerable, but by far not $300 plus labor. Our symptoms were diminished flow, irregular temperature control (although when set, the temp stayed as set - just that the handle for the temp setting was different from time to time).

I suggest getting a plumber to take a look at your valve before you open the wall.

Reply to
Han

Is this single function?

Did you remove the shower head only and retry?

Reply to
Lefty

Kohler has outstanding customer service. Over the years they have patiently helped me with a number of small problems, occasionally with free parts. Look up their number and give them a call (sorry I don't have it handy). If you don't have literature for the product, get that first to review installation directions and have part numbers handy should you need them. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

"Lefty" wrote in news:memdnRmnG4R1bVnUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net:

Top posting corrected

If this is to me (Han), the Delta faucet I have has a diverter for the shower (you push it in, and then the water goes to the shower rather than the bath faucet). It has 2 handles, one for water on/off with a bit of volume regulation, one for the temperature.

I was just trying to say that ther might be no need for doug to break the wall open. The innards of such a faucet are completely accessible through the front (if his faucet is like mine and the one I googled).

Reply to
Han

END OF STORY

Hired Handyman with no fix

Hired Plumber with no fix

Unneccessary cost of $250.

The problem was mineral build up in the lines!

All I did was pour CLR down the shower pipe every 30 minutes for 3 hours.

That clean up both the shower line and the tub line.

Reply to
doug

=D1=81=D1=83=D0=B1=D0=B1=D0=BE=D1=82=D0=B0, 21 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D1=80=D1=82=D0= =B0 2009=C2=A0=D0=B3., 7:51:36 UTC+2 =D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=BB=D1=8C=D0=B7=D0=BE= =D0=B2=D0=B0=D1=82=D0=B5=D0=BB=D1=8C doug =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0= =B0=D0=BB:

muchachik