Kohler Command 21 "Blowing OIL"

I have a Gravely ZT 2148 w/Kohler Command V-Twin model CV23. I have recently serviced with new air/oil filter along with oil change. The motor turns over but does not run. It will run by pouring fuel into carb. The clear fuel filter shows no fuel being drawn into it while cranking. I replaced fuel pump with new and it started to work properly and ran fine. I mowed my yard and engine suddenly died. I inspected fuel filter and there was no gas although gas in tank. I pulled pickup tube and checked screen which is fine. Mower will run if I pour gas in carb. During cranking there is no gas being drawn into fuel filter. I also have a lot of oil coming from PVC where inserts into valve cover. I replaced the grommet with a new one and it is already torn. Could my crankcase breather be clogged? I removed my oil fill cap and cranked and there is a lot of oil shooting out????
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:45:09 +0000, Daddyhog

Sure sounds like it to me. Check the oil level and sniff it. If it is high and smells like gas, youve found your problem.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
Daddyhog;3221360 Wrote: > I have a Gravely ZT 2148 w/Kohler Command V-Twin model CV23. I have

> motor

> fine.

> lot

> breather

> of

Daddyhog:
If you don't get any answers on this site, there is an Outdoor Power Equipment website that has a DIY Q&A forum where people who are into repairing small engines hang around.
'Best Snowblower, Snowthrower, Lawnmower, Forum, Lawn Mower, snow blower, snow thrower, parts, Outdoor Power Equipment' (http://www.opeonthenet.com /)
I'd register and explain the symptoms and see what they think.
--
nestork

On 4/11/2014 8:17 PM, nestork wrote:

Good one! Send the web forum guy to another web forum. Brilliant.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Daddyhog wrote:

gas tank preventing the gas getting to to the filter. Take the hose off the bottom of the tank and see if you get gas there.
JAS wrote:

What about gas tank cap being plugged up?
On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:11:37 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Am I the only one here that when they first looked at the topic, was trying to figure out how oil could be blowing out of a Kohler toilet or sink? Honey, good news, we've struck oil!
On Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:21:38 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Yes, you're the only one! *L*