Kohler Black Kitchen Sink

I stupidly cleaned out drilled glass blocks. I thought it was just powder,. but it was powder and glass shavings. Can it be repaired. Oh and bye the way it is black and cost me $850.00. I moved into this new home last november and I did this in december. Please help! Thank-you Linda Pawelski. snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
Add pictures here
✖
What exactly happened?
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY

Add pictures here
✖
You know the guys that refinish tubs? Maybe they can do the same, in black. Or, might have to take the sink out, send it out. Nothing will be cheap, tho. You might try a DIY improvisation: paint the scratches w/ touch up car paint, then fill the cracks w/ a really hard epoxy/porcelain type deal, mebbe sumpn dentists might use. Dentistry materials are often cutting edge technology. Req's a lot of technique.
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
✖
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

You can replace the sink for $200 from Home Depot. I saw the black Kohler today. Be sure it's the same depth (7" 8" or 9" or whatever) so you have little fitting to do. I am doing my first sink today. Very simple. I opted for new instead of the pain of painting.
Personally, you're better off with white as you can tell by what you're facing right now. It will repeat.
Add pictures here
✖
Well, black must be cheaper than green, cuz I was at the HD expo place, and green is over $1000. goodgawd....
--
------
Mr. P.V.\'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY
✖
stop by a paint store and get a quart of black oil-based enamel... put it on the AFFECTED area with a good quality foam brush.
I did this on a bathtub with White oil-based... and it looks great months after we put it on. I imagine it'll work even better on a sink.
Add pictures here
✖
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

Yes, $200 sure doesn't sound right for a Kohler colored kitchen sink. I paid around $400 for mine, and it was white.

Add pictures here
✖
That's OIL-BASED Enamel... not latex. Allow it at least a day to dry, and if you can about two days. Don't layer it on thick.
Also, pick up some paint thinner... it's the only way to clean up oil-based paints.
Add pictures here
✖