Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck

The drain popup in the tub in our house is stuck in the closed position with water in the tub. I cannot get it to budge. It doesn't look like the mechanism is broken as there is tension. Any ideas how I can get this open. It is a relatively new 6 mos assembly that is fairly modern in nature with a large curved handle that pulls up or pushes down to open and close. Any help would be immensly appreciated.
Usually you can just unscrew them. It's one whole assembly, so if it's stuck closed, just get another pop-up drain, screw it in and your good to go.
Mikepier      Feb 20, 7:33 pm
author Date: 20 Feb 2005 19:33:53 -0800 Local: Sun, Feb 20 2005 7:33 pm Subject: Re: Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck
Usually you can just unscrew them. It's one whole assembly, so if it's stuck closed, just get another pop-up drain, screw it in and your good to go.
will this work for a bath tub?
Bob
I had one in my tub where I used to live. It should just screw out.