Kohler 321 stalls when rev'd

Hello,

I have a 1975 K321 on a Case 222. It starts great, idles well, but stalls out when you try to get mid to full throttle. Carb is cleaned, fuel is good. Any ideas would be appreciated. No smoke, idles strong. Thanks!

Reply to
darrenwt

Most probably dirt in main-jet, or main mixture too lean/rich.

Else, likely problem is one of many possible w/ignition (timing, advance (a/a), contact resistance/pitting, open plug resistor(s), coil tracking, yada, yada.)

Various books are available on small-engine repair.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

I would look to the points. If it's not fuel flow, the points could be out of adjustment and floating at higher rpms

Reply to
RBM