Kohler 12kw Propane Generator

On the Automatic Transfer Switch, there are two blue buttons. One is a manual test switch. The other has a clock on it and this second one is the exercise set button. Holding it down for 3 seconds will program the unit to exercise without a load for 20 minutes at the same time every week.
I prefer to exercise the test every two weeks and for less than 20 minutes. QUESTION: If I test it manually, will this override the automatic testing that is currently programmed in? Hopefully, yes. Thanks in advance.

OK, the weekly auto exercise worked fine for years but recently I've had to re-program it every other week. It wouldn't hold for more than 2 weeks. But the last time I re-programmed it, it went into cool down mode instead of exercise mode. So now, every Wednesday morning at 10 am I get 20 minutes of cool down. HELP! I want to just cancel the auto mode and test it manually at my leisure. So I thought that by pressing the manual button, it would override the auto program. Otherwise, I don't know how to disengage from auto.
LoRayne wrote:

Last I knew, Kohler was known for good support, consider calling them and asking them. They can probably also tell you why the control is loosing settings, perhaps a backup battery in need of replacement.