Kodak ESP 5210 printer scanner copier and perhaps fax, i never tried faxing with it

Page 1 of 2
push any button and it powers off immediately
i like this printer and just bought multi packs of ink.....
any ideas?
On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 3:42:22 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Did it happen after changing cartridges or loading paper? Paper jam? Has anyone else used it? I'm sure you must have tried unplugging and powering it up again. It sounds like a power problem with print head carriage or paper feed...
On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 6:41:45 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

it was acting flakey right before it died, no error message touch any button and it shuts down.
i guess i could try the other color cartridge, since i already own the cartridge.
bob haller wrote:

Unplug it and work/tap every button on the panel and try again. I am never going back to inkjet printer. Love multi function color laser printer.
On 06/15/2015 11:09 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
[snip]

I find my laser printer much better than an inkjet.
One reason it that is is more reliable. No printheads that don't work because they're clogged.
One limitation is the laser won't print on glossy photo paper, but I don't need that very often.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
Mark Lloyd wrote:

thanks i worked over the control panel, blew the dust out with a compressor. and cleaned the unit completely.
the unit says its connected by wi fi but it wouldnt print.
so i am still troubleshooting that......
the wierd push any button unit powers off problem is gone:)
bob haller wrote:

Have a user manual? No? Download it or read the PDF. Did you go thru set up? Like security passphrase, etc. Printer is seeing the WiFi signal but you did not finish set up to connect. Are you using WiFi router? What is the SSID? Printer sees it? Then initiate connection routine to that SSID answering questions it is asking, like WPA2, then passphrase, etc. Or if know how to do WPS, and if the router and printer has WPS buttons, it makes things simple. You push WPS button on the router, then push the same on the printer. Otherwise you have to manually set up. I'd give the printer a fixed IP address. Some routers like Netgear has software WPS button others like Linksys(Belkin) has a real button. I never owned a Kodak printer. If it is really connected did you try to (test)print? What does printer queue say? My WiFi laser printer is always in sleep, as soon as printer queue has something print, it wakes up, print, goes back to sleep. Never goes off line. If you need any more info/help just let me know.
On 06/16/2015 07:01 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
[snip]

Or, how about an ethernet cable? It's a lot simpler and more reliable. No SSID, WPA, WPS, etc... to get right.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
Mark Lloyd wrote:

on the control panel menu.
On 06/17/2015 04:16 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
[snip]

You could check. Most have an ethernet port (looks like a phone jack, but is wider with 8 contacts). If you have one, it's the best way to connect.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:46:06 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

It should have a self test, print a page test that can be activated by pushing some combination of buttons, printers typically do.
On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 9:51:51 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

self test prints a nice test sheet
havent had time to troubleshoot the wouldnt print issue from the computer
On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 11:00:56 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:

Well, that's good news. It's very likely the remaining issue is just getting it setup with the PC.
On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 1:42:22 PM UTC-7, bob haller wrote:

Try posting to sci.electronics.repair
On 6/15/2015 4:42 PM, bob haller wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Personally I'd suspect brand name only probably cheap Chinese piece of junk.
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:04:45 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
Worst case, he can probably sell the new ink cartridges on Ebay
Frank wrote:

There are vine reviewers every where. have to read them with grain of salt.
On 6/16/2015 12:28 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

One or two excellent reviews are always suspect.
I've reviewed several items which were great out of the box but became a headache a month later and you can't go back and change them.
Frank wrote:

You caan do a update as follow up, I think.