KOdak 8mm projector repair

In my father's estate are a bunch of 8mm films. I have a non-operating Kodak M77 Instamatic projector.

Has anyone ever taken one of these apart? I need to get to the back where the drive belt is and I will be darned if I can figure out how to open it. All I can find on-line is places to spend big $ to buy manuals.

Any help or copies of a manual would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Art

Well, I found this..

.. Seems to be a complete manual.

I also came across a site that offers "Some of our more popular Kodak Parts" called MicroTools. ALL the way at the bottom of this page

is a gear that they explain as -

"Output Gear (M67/M77) This gear is found in all M-10, M-67, and M-77 projectors. It is housed in the transmission which is riveted closed. To replace this gear, MAJOR disassembly is required, including drilling open the transmission"

My guess would be that if this gear is one of their most popular parts, It's the gear that fails on most M77's after time.

I would also guess that if your M77 is not working in terms of reel movement, You may need the most popular gear being sold on a site called MicroTools..... But they may also be able to provide more precise information about access and replacement if you buy one. After all, I myself would not sell anything at my business that I had no god damn idea how it worked or where it went.

Grim

Reply to
Grim

You can buy these and others on eBay these days for about $20.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

That Manual I have - thanks

I need the service guide how to open

Reply to
Art

You may want to lurk around the ending auctions on ebay and see if you can snag a cheap GAF, Wards, Sears, etc. projector. Bell & Howell or Argus is a step up, but you could get lucky. Some of them do go cheaply. (But watch out for shipping, $20 and up isn't unusual. Look for auctions near your region.) Are the films 8mm or Super-8? A lot of the "modern" projectors were dual-8, but check. (These things also show up at pawn shops, GoodWill, etc.)

I don't have any special knowledge of the Kodak, but typically the cases are held together with screws - frequently buried deep down in holes, sometimes out of reach of standard length screwdrivers. Alternately, there can be clips and tabs - look for slots where a flat screwdriver blade might fit to push a latching tab.

BTW, I've had some luck making take-up reel belts out of thin fuel-line tubing from the hobby shop, using a short piece of dowel or toothpick as a splice - glued in with superglue (don't get silicone tubing, the glue won't stick). -Wm

Reply to
William

replying to Art, Masiel perez wrote: Hey you still have it I have one and I need help repairing it

Reply to
Masiel perez