knot sealer?

What is the best knot sealer for pine wood?
Add pictures here
✖

Shellac
Add pictures here
✖
On May 28, 7:26 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Or any oil based primer containing shellac, like Kilz, Zinnser, others.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/28/2009 11:12 AM Joe spake thus:

Oil-based primer does *not* contain shellac, which is incompatible with the solvents (naphtha, xylene, etc.) used in such paints. (Shellac dissolves in alcohol, not oil-based solvent.)
I'd second the previous emotion: shellac is the best. (Primer is OK, though.)

✖
On Thu, 28 May 2009 12:59:44 -0700, David Nebenzahl

Shellac is the best from what I understand (3rd). It ill prevent bleeding of the pine resin, through the paint.
4 cents
Add pictures here
✖

duct tape
Add pictures here
✖

Shellac-based primer. If the knot has a black ring around it, use epoxy.
Add pictures here
✖