Knob & Tube wiring - when did it stop?

Page 2 of 2
On 5/21/2016 10:44 AM, engineer/realtor wrote:

Looks like it was used till the 1930's and is still used in some "agricultural" applications. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knob-and-tube_wiring My old house still has it, and you can still buy or sell the stuff. http://www.sundialwire.com/porcelainknob.aspx

I love that.

If I were younger and more energetic, I'd rewire my house this way and see if the insurance company cancelled me.
"BUILDING CODES PROHIBIT REPAIRING EXISTING KNOB AND TUBE WIRING IN BUILDINGS. IT MUST BE FULLY REPLACED IF IT IS TO BE ALTERED. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR BUILDING INSPECTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO EXISTING KNOB AND TUBE WIRING. THIS WIRE IS INTENDED FOR MUSEUM, THEATRICAL, AND NON-BUILDING WIRING. " They say that, but it's really used for repairs, right? And the vendor knows it? Anytime a vendor says "intended" that's just covering their back, right?