Knob on Carrier window unit heat pump/AC

The knob on my window unit no longer "clicks" on the various settings - i.e heat high, heat low, off, etc. Is this something I can replace? It's a Carrier - about 7 years old. I had the unit on low heat when it did this, so had to unplug it to turn it off.
Nancy

Is it because the knob is worn out and slipping? If so, an appliance dealer can help you, or maybe even a generic knob from Home Depot that is the same size where it fits. If it is the switch, you'll have to get that replaced.