I had a CLOSE call about 11 years ago. it was the middle of the night.
I woke up to go to bathroom and realized i had lost my pillow, so i
turned overhead light on as I walked out of the room, to avoid being
blinded by brite light.
anyhow heard crackling, saw brite flashes on wall.
turned switch off, and spent rest of night awake.
next morning i disassembled overhead light.
the cloth cothered wiring insulation had failed, it was about 50 years
old at thaty time, and arcked to base.........
once you have such a close call it gives one a new outlook on safety/
the shower of sparks had fallen directly on the bed clothes, which i
tossed out the window.
so detoriated insulation on a overhead lamp can be a big safety hazard