knee wall

Greetings,
I have a sheetrocked attic in which I would like to install a knee wall. I am using steel studs. What is the proper procedure to eliminate the triangular space about the top metal track? Normally I would just attach the studs to the rafters but the drywall is in the way and I would prefer not to disturb it.
/ <-- existing sheetrock attached to rafters /_ <-- triangular hole here / || || <-- knee wall
Thank you for your time, William

You could cut the top ends of the studs to match the angle of the ceiling and bend the 2 flanges on the track to match if you're using the light duty steel.
I\\ I I \\
Yep - Or you could add a filler at the top edge.

No wrote:
Or a ledger board/strip to attach to.
dadiOH ________

Thank you all. There are many options ... but is one way more correct / more professional than the others?
Thanks
The trick, IMO, is after you get a good connection with your drywall to get a nice finished edge with your joint compound. The angle is not 90deg. There is a tool that will give you a nice radius edge. Called "the bat knife" on this site. See http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/Corner_Tools.php
-b

snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com wrote:

fix up the mess.