KitchenAid Superba Selectra 27 Oven - Dirty Door Glass

My 40 year old Gaffers and Sattler oven finally bit the weenie. The top oven door fell off when I opened it -- sure glad I had a grip! Too bad these guys are gone, nobody makes appliances like that any longer.
I received an excellent condition KitcheAid oven from a neighbor who's doing a complete kitchen makeover.
It was in storage for a while, and the inside glass on both oven doors is terribly dirty. I'd like to take the doors apart, but some of the oven trim screws are located in such a way it leads me to believe that the door comes off separately (you can't get to them with the door on.) I can't take the door apart while it's on the oven with the trim in place. Kind of a catch-22.
I've fooled and fooled with it, but no luck.
Suggestions?
thanks.
pc
pc wrote:

Get a service/parts manual from the company, then look at the drawings to see how things come apart. Decide which parts will likely break before they will disassemble and put them on your order list. Cleaning old window glass may be ;ossible with commercial oven cleaners, but many are caustic enough to etch the glass, so you might as well order new glass, too, and bypass that messy step Oven door springs tend to get worked pretty hard, so consider replacing those, and trim items that look tired. Now with some directions and a nice bag full of parts you can tackle the job and expect to have a first class appliance at a real bargain price. Repairclinic.com may also be a good parts and advice place, so check them out, too. Good luck,
Joe
The doors come off really easily - just loosen the two screws on the inside of the door near the hinge area. It's best to then close the door halfway (about 45 degrees) and then just slide the door up off of the hinges.
--
Gary S
Johnson