KitchenAid Superba Dishwasher flashing Child Lock

Hello All,

I have a KitchenAid Superba dishwasher model KUSD24SEBL2 that has a odd problem during the wash cycle. It reaches a point where the washing stops and the child lock light starts flashing and the normal wash and sani-rinse lights (previously on)go out. The child lock light flashes for about 50 to

60 seconds, then stops and the normal wash and sani-rinse come back on solid and three second later you can hear the pump and sprayer arms going again for about 30 seconds. It repeats this cycle seemingly forever until I open the door.

Some observations are and guesses are:

  1. When I open the door there is only about 1 inch of water in the botton of the washer. Is that sufficient for washing? Wonder what would happen if I poured a gallon or so of water in and closed the door?

  1. Maybe the brains/sequencer is shot?

  2. Could the filter be clogged?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, Thank You, Bob

Reply to
Bob. Wells