KitchenAid KUDS01DJ

The top row of buttons, used to select options, do not come on. Nor does it seem to make a difference when I press them. Could something be loose in there that has "shorted out" their use? Otherwise, the other two buttons, start and cancel... work fine.
Erik wrote:

I have a KUDS5301XBT and it has one row of buttons. There is one button, Sani-Rinse, that went out twice. Fortunately, I had purchased an extended warranty so it was repaired both times at no charge. Each time they installed a new control panel. I watched the repairman do it and it only took about 15 minutes. I don't know what the contol panels cost but you may want to inquire around so see how much they are.
On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:55:14 -0400, Arnie Goetchius

You will probably find it at www.repairclinic.com I think it is this one
http://www.repairclinic.com/Circuit-Board-Timer-Parts?s=t-kudso1d-%3d%3dc13
$101.70
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

screws are Torx so you need the tool for that.
On 10/19/2013 03:44 PM, Erik wrote:

You might try to push it. Push it good. Push it real good.
Jon
On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:30:00 -0700, Jon Danniken

If you're taking it apart anyway why not pull it and clean all the contacts with electronics clearner, wipe off and reinstall. The internal dampness or minor corresion might be resulting is a poor circuit connection.
Good luck.
On 10/20/2013 9:53 AM, BobMCT wrote:

a water displacer.
replying to BobMCT , Erik wrote:

Im a PC Tech, plus knowledge in basic electronic repair... I can find some cleaner at work. I;ll take that board out tonight and take it in tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I do recall it being oxidized... I live in San Antonio and the water is so hard here, the dishwasher leaves white powder on everything and doesn't always get the dishes clean.

replying to Jon Danniken , Erik wrote:

I got my ball peen hammer ready!

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:44:01 PM UTC-5, Erik wrote:
DO NOT USE WD-40 (Amazon.com product link shortened)82280677&sr=8-1&keywordsoxit
On 10/20/2013 10:55 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

DWforty which we all have around, already?
That's a pile of money, with the economy like this.
On Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:58:54 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

If he wants it to work longer than a few days...and how else do you infuse the economy...buy something!
On 10/20/2013 11:03 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

No one seems to be infusing my economy. I sure can't afford $14 because someone on the computer won't tell me why that stuff is better.

I have not used the Deoxit as I have access to other chemical cleaners that seem to do what I need. On some of the Yahoo user groups for the ones that work on electronics they recommend the Deoxit. It is very expensive for what it is, but if it was not worth it, I am sure they would not use it.
As with all chemicals make sure that it will not attack the plastic parts. I messed up a radio years ago when I sprayed some contact cleaner in a bank of push buttons. Locked it up just like spraying in glue.
On 10/20/2013 5:02 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I worked in a TV shop on mechanical TV tuners, remember those? There were all sorts of chemicals and cleaners for those things and you needed the right kind of cleaner for a tuner and variable potentiometers, like volume and tone controls. ^_^
TDD

+1 While WD-40 did a great job of reviving my cross-cut shredder, it's not a contact cleaner. It's simple logic to use stuff formulated for the job. If $14 keeps the OP from having to spend $100+ for a new control board, it's a pretty good deal. If WD-40 messes up the control board and other internal components, it's a very BAD deal. FWIW, I can get tuner cleaner for $5 for a small can, sufficient for at least one job like the OP's.
--
Bobby G.