KitchenAid electronic stove auto off

hi there, I was cooking last night and suddenly the stove turns of itself, the knobs are still in the same position, if I turn the knob to medium, or low, the element will light up and heated again, but if I turn the knob to high, after a few minutes it turns itself off's very annoying to cook like that...
is it by design?