Kitchenaid Dishwasher Porblem

I have a 3 year old kitchenaid "whisper quiet" dw an it's one of their top of the line washers.
Lately, I've been hearing a high-pitched shrilling noise when the washer jets are moving and when water is pumped out of the tub. If I lift the handle to stop the washer and restart it, most of the times it goes away but always comes back.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Thanks for the help...
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (james randall) wrote in message
Hi,

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Model# helps.

On the draining mode only? Could be something as minor as something in the pump assy getting jammed or caught up ( toothpick, glass, ect )....to as major as the pump assy has a fault inside :(
The pump assy itself should have a 5 year parts only warranty, so if you call in someone to check it out, use a KA authorized repair compnay.
jeff.
Believe it or not it is most likely the detergent your using that is making the sprayer bars squeal because of the drying agents they use in it. Try switching to a different brand of soap. I had the sam problem with an old Kitchenaid and that did the trick.