KitchenAid cookware -- How to reattach handles to glass lids?

We have some KitchenAid SS cookware -- maybe 15yrs old now -- with SS-rimmed glass lids whose handles are coming off. The handles are attached by what look like rivets (or threadless bolts) inserted from the underside through rubber grommets in holes in the lids and then through holes in the metal handles. These "rivets" are gradually "letting go" of the handles. I cannot tell, looking at the ones that have not yet "let go," what is holding them in place: they are *not* peened over.
Any idea how these were attached and how I could fix the ones that are coming loose? Epoxy? -- is it sufficiently heat resistant? And how to hold the parts together while whatever adhesive I use sets? -- how to apply pressure to the head of the "rivet" on the inside (concave) of the lid?
Perce

What sort of warranty does the cookware come with? I've had the folks at Scanpan replace items of mine under their 'lifetime' warranty that were far older than yours, no questions asked.
On 01/08/2015 08:02 AM, BenignBodger wrote:

Ah, yes. Thanks. It does seem that these have a limited lifetime warranty. I'll have to contact them and find out how to get them fixed or replaced.
Perce
On 01/08/2015 12:42 PM, I wrote:

I called KitchenAid and spoke to a representative who spoke ordinary American English, not someone in India or wherever with a difficult-to-understand accent.
If I email them photographs of the lids, they will let me know how they want to deal with the problem.
BTW, the cookware is not as old as I thought (my wife straightened me out): perhaps only about 8 years old.
Perce
On 01/08/2015 04:55 PM, I wrote:

I had already emailed the pictures twice to the specified email address (and they did not "bounce"), but each time I have called to check on the progress I have been informed that have not received them. I emailed them for the third time today. I'll report back.
Perce
On 02/27/2015 08:12 PM, I wrote:

I called again today, not having had any response to my third email. Each time previously, I have been asked to what email address I sent my message with the attached pictures, and they have agreed that I had used the correct address and that I had spelled it correctly.
This time the CS person asked, "Did you send your message to <totally different email address>"? When I told him the address to which I had sent it, he said that was for something entirely different. So now I have emailed them for the fourth time. I did ask whether he could watch and see if my message came in, but he said that it would go to a different "channel" and could take a couple of days to get to his department!
I cannot understand why the people at the "wrong" KitchenAid department didn't just forward the message to the correct one. Maybe they are simply hoping I'll get tired of it and buy new lids or even new cookware.
Stay tuned.
Perce

Not my job. I don't get paid to think, have common sense, care about anything. The other thing is . . . Oh, break time, I'll be back in 15 minutes.
On 03/03/2015 08:28 PM, I wrote:

Very apologetic email today from KitchenAid. They will replace not just the lids but the pans and the lids. The identical ones are no longer available, but they will replace them by the nearest equivalents in the current range. SWMBO is happy.
Perce

Nice. KA has always had a good reputation and I'm glad to hear they still do good by the customer.
The best solution is to have Kitchen Aid repair or replace. I would use pop rivets if you decide to do your own. I would use aluminum to avoid rust issues. If your rivets are still there some careful peening with a ball peen hammer would probably work.
Please let us know how it all resolves.