kitchenaid cooktop igniter electrode

One burner on my 12 year old kitchenaid gas cooktop is getting no ignition spark. A couple of years ago when no burners were igniting I repaired the cooktop by replacing the ignition module (electronics) for about $100. I'm hoping the current problem is a bad electrode that can be replaced for about $18 but to prove it I'd like to swap two electrodes to see if the problem follows the electrode. However I can't figure out how to remove the electrodes. There is one visible screw near the center of each burner but removing it didn't seem to free anything. I'd appreciate a tip.

JT

Reply to
Jay Tanner

Hi,

Someone -might- be able to help....if they knew the model#.

*Some* model# helps.

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Reply to
Jay Tanner

Hi,

These may help....

burner igniter.

I haven't taken these apart before, but the burner -appears- to come up and out, the electrode -appears- to be held in place with a clip. Sorry couldn't help!

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

jeff