Kitchen Stove Problem

The bottom element in my stove does not come on. The top one works fine. I checked all the fuses .. they seem fine.
Is it the element? How do I check this? Does the element just pull out if I yank on it?
Thanks
I don't know about your stove, but on mine there are two screws that attach the heating element to the back of the oven. The element is attached by two wires. I replaced the element about three times before buying a new one. Be sure to turn off the power to the stove before working on it.
Terry
xeroid wrote:

Hi,

Range make, model#, approx age?

Possible.
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html#element
Not normally, most are screwedin place.
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html#change-bake
It's a Kenmore Oven Model #C968 67469-1 Style B42 Not sure how old it is.

Hi,
Canadian Model#. Most Canadian model#'s are not online, esp Sears ones!
Closest that I know of is a C978.####### which is a GE (Camco) built Kenmore. Which usually has a screwed in element. Remove power, remove the element and take it to local repair shop as they can probably test it for you :)
It's a Kenmore Oven Model #C968 67469-1 Style B42 Not sure how old it is.