Kitchen Sinks

We are installing a new kitchen and looking at under-mount sinks. I have seen a few of these 'in use' and they never appear to look very clean - esp. at the lip just under the bench. Does anyone know whether these sinks can actually be cleaned properly or are we better to instal a more functional drop-in sink ?
What kind of countertop material are you using ? I just installed an undermount corian sink. There is no gap between the countertop and sink. It is seemless. Looks great. I was going to go with a different type of undermount.....stainless steel. It was less expensive but the installation charge made the price almost the same as the corian sink. I got it on sale at HD. I had been advised by many to avoid undermount sinks with formica type countertops. Loz wrote:

Loz wrote:

I have a large rectangular single basin Blanco Magnum undermount sink and it is a breeze to keep clean. Our counter edge is about flush with the sink walls, so everything is very accessible for cleaning, but it really doesn't need much cleaning since nothing sits there.... it's a vertical surface, after all.
Perhaps if the sink was too shallow and you splash around a lot of dirty water, then it might need more frequent cleaning.
once you have an undermount you will never go back. How hard is it to clean the edge of the top mount sink in the back!