Kitchen sink runs slow

I put in a brand new Bridgewater faucet in my kitchen sink. Two knobs, a regular nozzle (center, between the two knobs) and sprayer, off to the right.
The regular nozzle not have an aerator.
When I first got it in, the sprayer worked nicely, but the regular nozzle (wrong word?) didn't flow. I found that after I turned the flexible sprayer on and off a bunch of times by squeezing the dispenser, that the regular nozzle started to flow. A little bit. Very little.
The regular nozzle puts out 3 quarts a minute (I timed it). Not enough to make an aerator bubble.
The sprayer hose puts out 8 quarts a minute.
Any ideas why the regular nozzle would be running so slowly? And how to improve the water flow?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://tinyurl.com/4nken
Hey, what the hell is this?
It makes my computer go crazy!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

| I put in a brand new Bridgewater faucet in my kitchen sink. Two knobs, a | regular nozzle (center, between the two knobs) and sprayer, off to the | right.
<snip>
| Any ideas why the regular nozzle would be running so slowly? And how to | improve the water flow? | -- | | Christopher A. Young | Learn more about Jesus | www.lds.org | www.mormons.com
Is the screen in the nozzle clogged or dirty? This could be the case especially if you turned off the water supply to the whole house to change the faucet.
I pulled the center of the faucet apart. Screw the cap off the base of the spout. There was a diverter there.
Use 10 MM allen key to remove diverter gadget (unthread it, and then turn the water on, gadget comes floating out).
There was a sheet in with the faucet. And in verry tiny type face, was a 800 number to call. I did. The guy suggested I tap the cartridge on something, in case it had some dust or specks of something.
I did. Problem solved. Very nice!
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus