Kitchen Sink Installation

I'm installing a kitchen sink into a new countertop and am concerned about placement before starting to cut the hole. Holes are, after all, remarkably difficult to move.
The sink dimensions, front to back including the flange, is 22" and the countertop is a standard 24".
My gut reaction is to split the difference and center it front to back, but if that winds up being too far from the front edge of the counter (ergonomic-wise), I could be stuck for a long time to come.
Does anyone know if there's a standard to this? Or is it gut feel?
Thanks in advance,
Joe

remarkably
but
Does your sink have holes for the faucet?
Depending on what is in the wall beneath the sink I might consider making the front more than the back. Remember to measure OD not ID of the flange for the sink.
Joe C wrote:

Just make sure you have enough clearance in the back for the faucet connections, along with any accessories you might plan to add (soap or hot water dispenser, etc.).