Kitchen sink garbage disposal dry

Page 2 of 2
notbob wrote:

Sorry I needed the clarification. I get your jokes now about wasting electricity. At first I took it at face value.
Thanks for the help! Sorry I had missed the jokes.

Pat, you did good. My smiley-face was sincere, so my post was only half as facetious as it seemed. ;)
If you let ppl get under yer skin, yer jes defeating yerself. That's the nature of Usenet (newsgroups). No RULES ....so every troll/bozo/malcontent fer a million miles makes it their home.
Regardless, there's two things you need to remember:
1) Everyone is someone else. 2) No one is holding you here.
Enjoy =D nb

Oh, crap! Now we're going to have to have troll bathrooms and then we're going to have to have twinky troll bathrooms to satisfy the twinky trolls. When will this end?

Damn! Fergot all about them "transgender trolls". ;)
nb
On 6/12/16 3:37 PM, Pat Dixon wrote:

I'm thinking you gotta be a Patricia Pat rather than a Patrick Pat cuz a guy couldn't possibly be that dumb.
--
Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.
- John Wayne
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 11:57:55 AM UTC-4, net cop wrote:

Several web sites do mention cooling as a reason to run cold water. Others disagree. I'd always been told cooling was part of the reason, so I dunno .
It does seem likely to me that a disposal has a light duty motor. If somet hing is typically run for 15 - 30 seconds at a time, would you engineer it so that it can run continuously? I'm sure it can take 3 minutes or so but I'd be reluctant to let it run much longer without cooling off.
On 6/12/2016 11:42 AM, Pat Dixon wrote:

What do you mean by running?
if it is empty it can go forever or until the motor eventually wears out.
If it is loaded with garbage, it will eventually plug the drain and probably bind itself up. The water flushes the ground garbage down the drain to the sewer.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I didn't even think of that clogging problem. Now I see why water is a "good idea."
Thank you!
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 2:40:38 PM UTC-4, Pat Dixon wrote:

And you want to run it a while after the disposal finishes - that food needs to get much further down the pipe.