Kitchen sink drain vent

I'm selling my house, and the home inspector pointed out that the kitchen drain is not vented, so the new owner (hopefully!) wants that fixed. Isn't there a way to do that with a check-valve, or some such easy solution??
It's been working for me for the last 4 years (despite the occasional gurgle), and don't think it's been any different since construction in 1980... I sure don't want to do a major remodeling just to make this sale.
Thanks, DP
DP wrote:

There are code-approved under-sink vents (vacuum breakers) you can add to the drain line. Go to any good home store and they will sell you one.
DP wrote:

http://www.studor.com / http://www.plumbingsupply.com/autovent.html
In some parts of the country, it was very common (and accepted) practice NOT to provide a vent-to-roof connection for the kitchen sink drain.
The 1 1/2" sink P-trap connected into a 1 1/2" X 2" Reducing EL. A 2" vertical drain runs down to the main house drain (sewer) from the EL.
The over-size reducing EL vents the P-trap via the house drain. It can do this because the 2" vert drain has ample space for air flow even under maximum waste flow conditions.
Whether it's worth arguing with the buyer/inspector if you do have this arrangement is up for grabs. But, as I said, this was accepted for a long, long time.
Jim
DP wrote:

Ha. If this is the worst thing they could find wrong with your house I'd tell 'em to go pound sand.
Doug