Kitchen Sink Clog

My kitchen sink has a nasty clog. I used two bottles of liquid plumber which seemed to have no effect. I bought a drain snake, removed the pvc piping under the sink, cleaned each piece individually and attempted to snake the section of the drain pipe sticking out of the wall (this section has two 90 degree angles). It got stuck almost immediately. I'm not sure if is caught on the next section of pipe or if the clog is right there. I worked at it for quite some time and made no progress. Since at that time the pipes were free of any standing water I reattached the drain and used a whole bottle of commercial line Draino Gel. After letting it sit for a while I ran hot water and the sink is, of course stick clogged.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

-Josh

Reply to
Joshua C Ferguson

You might try plunging it (wear safety glasses!).

If still nothing, suggest renting a hand-held power snake. The rental place will have a pro model which is way better than the snake-in-a-drum you can buy at HD.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Don't use drain cleaners in a totally clogged drain, though they may help in a partly clogged drain. Be very careful of th edrain opener trapped in the drain too. Try a small powered snake w/ a cutter on the end, is may take a little doing to get around the bends but it should go. The clog may be farther down too, after another cleanout in the cellar or elsewhere, if all else fails go there.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel