Kitchen reface

I had a quote from century21 for kitchen reface -- $11000.00 including corian countertop and sink. My kitchen is 10x15. The cabinet will be MDF board(12 wall cabinets and 6 base cabinets). Is this quote reasonable? I am in Chicagoland.

magic

Reply to
jwan1754

what do the other 2 quotes come in at?

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

These are the same people who used to have a contract with Sears to use the Sears name. I was designing and selling kitchen remodels for Sears Home Improvement Sales and if I got into the customer's home before them, my price quote for a complete kitchen with new cabinets, counters, etc was usually about half what they quoted for the cabinet refacing. If they got in first, the customer wouldn't let me in the door because they would assume that if refacing was so high, replacing the whole cabinets would really be high. Once in a while the store manager would get a call from a customer demanding that he get the refacing salesman out of his house. The salesman would arrive about midmorning and would be still be there trying to close the sale late into the evening. They didn't seem to know the meaning of the word "NO". So, I would recommend you check into a local contractor who refaces or replaces kitchen cabinets before signing a contract with these folks.

Reply to
Tom