Kitchen Rebuild with Lighting Control

I am almost up to the electrical section of my kitchen rebuild and I now have the opportunity to install new automated lighting control. I dont want to spend alot of money. I'd like the lights to be remote control by movement and remote access.. What options do i have?
Thanks in advance
3dny
3dny wrote:

I am not sure if I would want what you are suggesting, but smarthome.com will have the tools to do it.
Note, in general the less expensive and easier to install systems are also the least reliable. Non are as reliable as the standard hard wired systems.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

automation and cheap, sorry they do not go together
x-10 might work, layout of the sensors would be a challenge. Low voltage controls and sensors would definitely do the job but I doubt you want to spent 10K for the equipment. GE, Lutron, and others have lighting packages.

Itf you are just looking for motion control the easy solution is an occupancy detector that fits in a regular switch box. I have them all over my house controlling low intensity lighting. That way you can walk around at night without ever being in the dark.