Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

You must be looking in a mirror again.

For $46? Retail? You are nuts!

You certainly are.

Stop being such an idiot and I won't call you on it.

Reply to
krw

It gets the blue-haired ladies really upset..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Nope That's caused by the illegal/underground/black market trade. Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Actually yes, if your cathouse wants to stay in business.

Actually yes, Since they are required to be tested regularly and are effectively unable to work legally.

See above.

Funny how experiences in Nevada and Amsterdam prove you wrong.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Nope. Legalizing the trade doesn't change this. It just makes more.

Bullshit. It's still prevalent in NV.

Don't be so myopic. The guy with the fuzzy dice doesn't give a shit.

Wrong again. It doesn't change the street trade one iota.

See above and try *THINKING*.

Please do.

You're as wrong as you can be. I suppose you don't think there are problems with legalizing drugs, either. Idiot.

Reply to
krw

Makes more "what"exactly ? Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Hello ? Anyone home ???

Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ? Prove it, dummy

Ok So clearly your clueless and ignorant and just working off bigotry

Try again dummy

Why ? When are you goind to demonstrate some ?

Well clearly you can't as long as your eyes are closed and your yap is open.

Great sig you have there. I agree. YOU ARE an idiot And an ignorant one at that.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

We finally lost our Microwave tank we bought in 1980 or 81.

We bought a new model - about the same capability - less in some way more others - but this one I could pick up and hold in one hand.

They changed the heavy core transformer - 1 KW is a transformer!

To a switcher supply - aka modern.

When we turned it on, it swamped or killed WiFi in the house. Never tried the cell phone but computers would not be on line...

I now have hard wire to those computers and we can use the microwave anytime.

It is a Panasonic. Works just fine - suspect the osc in the switcher is just there.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

You could try a power line filter, I have small ones I use on telecom equipment but I'm sure you can get a high current filter for appliance use something like what's in the links below. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have tried several trackballs, and none felt right. They were much harder for me to position the cursor accurately than with a decent mouse. It might be OK for newsgroups & Email with more practice but they were useless for Eagle (Circuit board layout) ot LTSpice (Circuit simulation) Forget doing graphics with GIMP or another graphics package.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Why didn't you take it back for a refund?

I have a 20+ year old JC Penny microwave oven with a membrane keyboard that don't show any wear. It would have been junked long ago, if the keypad was damaged. It's in storage at the moment because it's too tall to sit on the kitchen counter. It will be put back in the kitchen after the handicap modifications are finished. IN the meantime I've had two smaller microwaves fail. A Samsung had the controller fail, and a brand new Westinghouse failed with less than five minutes use and the power cord was so hot I couldn't touch it. A real POS. Right now I am using a stainless steel piece of junk that was dropped when it was new. I straightened the door so the latch would operate, but it's nothing to brag about. I will say that I have only bought one microwave in the last 30 years, and I paid $2 for it at a thrift store with a bad interlock switch that was repaired with a used microswitch. The rest were all picked up as junk & repaired.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Odd...thats what unlawful prostitution has created. And you want to keep it that way?

No guarantee you wake up in the morning either.

How so? They can call the police if they have a problem. They cant now.

Still waiting for that list of problems it creates. I/we will be waiting with great interest for it.

Now if you have a religious or moral objection because of your religion, simply indicate that, rather than waving your hands in the air and pontificating.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Actually...most of the blue-hairs would rather their grandsons visit a hooker than get a girl preggers.

  1. Lie
Gunner

In general, if something become legal, more people will participate. Examples:

  • Concealed handgun carry in Wisconsin. A little over a year ago, virtually zero. As of today, 136,000 permits have been issued.
  • Smoking dope in California: More than half a million residents have the voluntary ID card.
Reply to
HeyBub

I plugged it in to edit this reply. After a week my thumb dexterity is improving. I've been using the end of my thumb for coarse motion and the joint or middle pad to put the cursor between letters.

I just noticed that I can position the cursor more precisely with my clumsier left hand on this Dell Latitude's touchpad than with my right hand on either the trackball or the mouse. The touchpad resolves 9 separate cursor positions across a lower case 'w'. I'm still much quicker with the mouse though. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Does not demonstrate that people didn't carry before Only accounts for those that got permits

Same argument Prove that they weren't potheads before

Reply to
Attila Iskander

It may be the nerve damage in my hands, but I have given up on trackballs. A lot of mice don't work well for me, either. Touchpads drive me up the wall.:(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gunner on Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:33:01 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

They'd rather he get married and produce grand kids, or keep it in his pants. But ... "sigh, takes after his daddy no doubt, if he was anything like his late daddy. Now all I have are memories."

pyotr filipivich

Trade, dummy.

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't eliminate it.

No one at your house, obviously.

Good Lord, you're stupid sometimes.

?
Reply to
krw

Making it lawful doesn't solve the problem, just makes more.

That's the first correct thing you've said in this thread.

It's *NOT* going to magically eliminate the street hookers, pimps, or children. The problem will persist because there is a market for all. It *might* clean up the whorehouses but that's not guaranteed, either.

At least you're admitting illiteracy.

Moral, perhaps. Practical is more important, though.

Reply to
krw

I can't use them either. They'll kill my wrist. The fingers are in such an unnatural position (wrists bent backwards).

Reply to
krw

By what factor ? One more "trade" does not prove that meaningfulll.

NO one claimed that an idiot would even consider that it would On the other hand decriminalizing it would remove the (criminal) profit of it, and provide the opportunity to control, and generate tax and licensing revenue. Not to mention reduce to costs of poilcing and pursuing all those criminals making an (illegal) profit from it.

OK So there's nothing between your ears but vacuum.. Got it.

You're the one making stupid claims all over the scenery None of which you can support with any actual data.

Reply to
Attila Iskander