Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

No kidding. I couldn't get through all the cute spellings, the almost urban street slang, and ghetto speak to finish the post. Not sure what this guy wants, but it isn't interesting enough to read through all that crap. ================================================ Lessee..... by your own admission, you didn't get thru it all, yer too stupid to figger out "what I want", and yet somehow you know it's not inneresting enough to read..... Typical non-sequitur of the bitchily ignerint....
Oh, yeah, of course.... here ya go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic) Study hard.
--
EA

I got this far because I saw that you and Karl responded....

You too?? Jeez......
--
EA

Did try to reply with some information you might be able to use, but I gave up also ... simply too hard to follow.
Skimmed it as best I could, but I have to say it was indeed hard to get to the pith of your intent.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

WTF? Do you want people to respond or waste time trying to deciper what the fuck you're asking? Post your ? *clearly* without the BS and attitude. Pretty simple concept to me.
Existential Angst wrote:

How arrogant.
About the only person here who needs a treatise on the elements of style is you. Oh, wait...are your cutesy spellings an attempt at a distinctive writing style? An attempt to separate yourself from the herd? To lift yourself from the depths of mediocrity? Doesn't work.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Hmmmm...... might I be even more arrogant and correck your syntax? Elements of Style WAS the treatise -- albeit a short, succinct one.
What you SHOULD have said -- and I'm sure you meant to -- was: "About the only person here who needs a treatise on style......."

Dood...... it's fukn USENET..... give it a break, already. Dayum.... and I thought you were one of the normal ones.....
And where's the gratitude?? Moi had to PAY for that goddamm StrunknWhite.... and ahm giving it away for free....
Ackshooly, I never really agreed with ole Strunk.... yeah, shit has to be standardized, but goddamm, there's standardization and there's stifling. Fuck granite, and fuck stifling.
ANOTHER POP QUIZ, boyzngerlz.....
WHO was the White in Strunk'n'White??
No matter, y'all are going to cheat anyway, and look it up..... He was EB White, who wrote Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, and a bunch of other children's classics, and a longtime contributor/editor in The N'Yawker. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._B._White Proly one of THE most :"decorated" writers. No Nobel Prize, but dat dudn't mean shit anyway.... they wasted one on Hemmingway..... and even worser, one on Herman Hesse.... GOODGAWD!!!!!!!!!!
But y'all litirits KNEW that, right?? Yeah, riiiiight.....
Here's what ahm thinkin:
All those who had so much trouble deciphering the op, get copies of Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web, and work on yer comprehension...... EB White knew what he was doing, and y'all's reading comprehension should jump by at least two grades when you finish them. Proly you can find Cliff's Notes on them, as well, iffin you need help.
And WHERE did the adventures of Stuart Little take place?? Why, in the Central Park Pond, in.... N'Yawk....
OH, OH, OH, OH, OH..... He did it AGAIN!!!! He said "N'Yawk" instead of New York........ TWICE!!! OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH
--
EA

Your affected style might be cute if you had any real talent.

Holy shit..... ANOTHER one who I thought was normal, could read between the lines..... Ahma haveta make a LIST now.....
I didn't know reading comprehension was such an issue. Really, I promise, I'll keep it simple from now on, right outta Strunk'n'White.....
--
EA

On 2/22/2013 10:23 AM, Existential Angst wrote:

What about Fucken Wagnalls? I think we'd better quit before the the entire usenit goes postle!!

LOL I've lerntid my lesson..... I"ve got Strunk'n'White out, as I type....... LOL FunkyWagnall was far too long, tho. At least S&W kept alladatshit brief.
There is a breed -- many of them on RW, apparently -- that deludes themselves with the notion that because they express themselves with syntactical and grammatical correckness, that they know how to think. There is, in fact, a likely inverse relationship between the two.
--
EA

The teacher of my very bright and ambitious high school English class cautioned us not to write like e.e.cummings unless we WERE e.e.cummings. She reminded us that Picasso had mastered the classical painting style before developing his own.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/p/picasso/self1.jpg
http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/Picasso-Early-Work.html
The only exception she tolerated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams_(composer)

I would have used J.M.W.Turner for the example if he were better known.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:37:45 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

Supurb landscapes! I saw an exhibition of his work at the National Gallery of Art in D.C. a couple of years ago. The actual paintings will knock you out.
I used Rob's work because some of it relates to Picasso's early paintings more closely.
--
Ed Huntress

And because he's a good shot?? LOL
I can't cite the exact Picasso painting, drawing, but whatever it was showed superb draftsmanship -- at least to me. It showed that this was not some guy riding the Pop Cultural Magic Carpet Ride, 'spressin hisself -- he really knows what he's doing. Dali is another one, iirc.
Andy Warhol was another -- he actually eked out a good living as a working commercial artist -- cereal boxes'n'shit.... Very inneresting bio. Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side was in fact about Warhol's li'l cabal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_on_the_Wild_Side_(Lou_Reed_song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ88oTITMoM

--
EA

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:01:18 -0500, "Existential Angst"

I thought I'd include that because Gary Cooper once gave Picasso a revolver. <g>
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/photo_of_pablo_picasso_holding_gary_coopers_gun

Dali was a great draughtsman.

Oh, yeah. I was a Village Crawler in those days. I was a big Velvet Underground fan...well, a Nico fan.
--
Ed Huntress

I thought I liked Mary Travers until we followed PP&M around to make a music video of them to circulate on the 16mm art house circuit.
I started prowling the Village on weekends off from Ft Monmouth in 1970 and missed that scene. I ignored two fine musicals I later worked on, 1776 and Jacques Brel, because I didn't like the names. (kicks self)
The USO even had free tickets to them. I must have been the only GI in New York then who liked theatre, because those were the only free tickets they always still had.

EA's intelligence and education peek through sometimes, as when he discusses chemistry.
Kanye West is a good example of an upper-middle-class A student who purposely misrepresents themselves to gain street acceptance. His mother chaired the English Department at Chicago State University.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

He must have done that after he was killfiled. All I've ever seen were his mindless rant, and got I quite tired of them.
Ed Huntress wrote:

Yes. If you haven't seen it and get a chance to do so, the Dali Museum in St. Petersberg, FL has a great collection.
--

dadiOH

Yeah, I saw it around 25 years ago. And Dalis show up from time to time in the big NYC museums, which I've seen several times.
The work is impressive. The art -- or what it says about Dali's mind -- is...a little scary. <g>
--
Ed Huntress