Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

Page 3 of 9
22:21:23 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    One more reason I don't go there.

    What is it with calling all things improvised "white trash repairs"? If it looks stupid but works - it tain't stupid.

I used to be referred to as Polish Engineering but that's not Politically Correct so a group of folks who don't care had to be chosen to take responsibility for all bizarre and stupid constructs. White Trash is such a group of people and it may not be widely known but February is White Trash Month and has been for many years since it's the shortest month and WT has always gotten to short end of the stick. The White Trash month celebrations going on at trailer parks across the nation have been quite entertaining for the participants this year. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It started in the '70s with that memo about it being wrong to say something was 'Afro Engineered'. Some day, all of the rednecks will decide they've had enough and there will be hell to pay. 'Riled-up rednecks on a rampage! :)

They live in trailer parks, because they aren't minorities who can get subsidized housing.

Oh I know plenty of WT on the government dole. Most people refuse to believe that Caucasian females account for the greatest number of welfare recipients. It used to be that they would stay on welfare until they could get back on their feet but from what I've seen, they will now accept it as a way of life. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Fourth or even fifth generation in some families. Sad, but true. I don't see it much anymore, but back in the '60 & '70s I did TV repair and saw a lot of disgusting things. Did you ever run a service call in a whorehouse? The place reeked, and everyone there looked like death warmed over.

I ran TV service calls back in the 70's but here in the Bible Belt, a whorehouse was something hidden and only available to the well-heeled and politicians. Of course I had to bug bomb some TV sets outside the shop to keep roaches off the bench and had to explain to a number of folks that their cherished Sony TV should have been unplugged, hosed out and allowed to dry after their kid spilled milk into it and brought into the shop immediately, not a week later. My Dog, I swear I've been a witness to "The Dumbassification of America" over the past half century and it's getting worse. I run service calls in retail stores and my favorite is the Ann Taylor stores where I find the funniest things wrong with equipment. The gals working there invariably nice but I find things unplugged or network gear with stuff piled on it as though it were a shelf causing it to overheat or knocking the wires out. I often have to explain to the manager that nothing should be leaned up against the telephone backboard and the equipment closet containing any network, phone equipment or electrical panels is not a storage space. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The nastiest TV service call ever? A tube type consolethat the slobs had tossed used diapers behind, until it blocked all of the vents and it died. It had to be pried out of that mess, then the manufacturer of the set had to explain to the morons that it was not covered by the warranty.

I see that in homes, as well. People used to bitch about Commodore 64 computer power supplies failing, then you find them under piles of newspaper and other junk, instead of out where they can radiate exces heat. There was a reason for the fins molded into the case.

Copy & enlarge the section of the NEC about clear space around breaker boxes. It MIGHT help. A little. Oh, well. :(

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:23:52 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

I was "night security" at a cat house in Ely Nevada in the early 1970s several nights a week..and it was clean, as were the girls..most of whom came to work during school breaks. A noted lawyer and a rather famous pediatrician were house girls who came to earn their tuition money and enjoy the break from school
Gunner

    No heavy lifting and you get to meet new people ...
    Rumor control is that is how Nancy Pelosi gained her skills at screwing the people.
tschus pyotr -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."
Gunner wrote:

This looked like a flop house. Old, dirty & beds everywhere. The kind of building that the city was activly buying and buldozing, if the owner couldn't bring it up to code.
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 21:42:36 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Prostitution in that part of Nevada was legal. So it was far more "commercial" than in other places. No money spent on keeping the cops away via bribes and whatnot. And the girls were well paid.
As a cop..Ive seen a bunch of poorly paid ladies..their pimps taking the vast majority of their pay. Which is why it should be legalized across the US.

Legalizing prostitution doesn't eliminate pimps. It solves very few problems and creates a lot more, IMO.
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:08:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

What more will it create?
Proper medical inspections (none today)
Clean hookers (few today..most are drug addicts)
Safety for clients and the girls (none today)
I could go on. Now its your turn to advise us of what problems it creates
Gunner

The same problems as other decadent members of society create. Poverty, human trafficking, child abuse. Nothing important.

No guarantee.

Certainly no guarantee.

Wrong.

You're *way* wrong. It solves *no* problems and creates many more.

Nope That's caused by the illegal/underground/black market trade. Places that legalized it, usually have none of those issue.

Actually yes, if your cathouse wants to stay in business.

Actually yes, Since they are required to be tested regularly and are effectively unable to work legally.

See above.

Funny how experiences in Nevada and Amsterdam prove you wrong.
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:56:15 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

Nope. Legalizing the trade doesn't change this. It just makes more.

Bullshit. It's still prevalent in NV.

Don't be so myopic. The guy with the fuzzy dice doesn't give a shit.

Wrong again. It doesn't change the street trade one iota.

See above and try *THINKING*.

Please do.

You're as wrong as you can be. I suppose you don't think there are problems with legalizing drugs, either. Idiot.

Makes more "what"exactly ? Why don't you provide us some data to support your claim

Hello ? Anyone home ???
Legalizing it makes it more prevalent ? Prove it, dummy

Ok So clearly your clueless and ignorant and just working off bigotry

Try again dummy

Why ? When are you goind to demonstrate some ?

Well clearly you can't as long as your eyes are closed and your yap is open.

Great sig you have there. I agree. YOU ARE an idiot And an ignorant one at that.
Attila Iskander wrote:

In general, if something become legal, more people will participate. Examples:
* Concealed handgun carry in Wisconsin. A little over a year ago, virtually zero. As of today, 136,000 permits have been issued.
* Smoking dope in California: More than half a million residents have the voluntary ID card.

Does not demonstrate that people didn't carry before Only accounts for those that got permits

Same argument Prove that they weren't potheads before
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:51:05 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

Trade, dummy.

Good grief. It's *OBVIOUS* that decriminalizing something doesn't eliminate it.

No one at your house, obviously.

Good Lord, you're stupid sometimes.
<more idiocy snipped>?