Kitchen Faucet Tip

The next time you replace a kitchen faucet get long supply pipes. Long enough to allow the pipes being connected to the faucet thru the hole(s) in the sink. It is a lot easier connecting to the faucet standing in front of sink rather than crawling under the sink. You still have to "go under" to fix it in place so all the fun is not lost LOL
And my question is, why don't the faucet manufacturer's design a faucet with connectors that come up through the sink from the bottom, get bolted into place from the top, and then the faucet connects to that from the top?
That would allow people to make all the connections first, push them up through the sink, and then work from the top. Wouldn't that be a good selling feature? -- "Super-easy, top-mounted connections, for easy installation! No crawling under the sink. No special plumbing tools needed!"

Great idea, ATB! Keep 'em coming!
Glad you liked my idea. Seems pretty basic to me. Of course, it came to me about a month ago while I was on my back, under the kitchen sink, trying to reach up with one of those "sink wrenches" (or what ever they are called) so I could install a new faucet.
Someone else posted that Grohe already makes a top-mount faucet. I don't know why all manufacturers don't have that as a standard for all or most of their models.

They Do..
Grohe fixtures tighten from the top and have 16" supplies. It does take a special tool, but they give you one with each valve.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:09:49 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (john behen jr) wrote:

I installed a Moen faucet with spray. Most of the job was easy. They even supplied a tool to tighten the nut holding the faucet. The only problem was trying to tighten the hose from the spray which has to be done last because of how the thing is designed. Sure was not easy to get at in a narrow space with supply lines in the way.