Kitchen faucet spray hose

Our kitchen faucet spray hose has suddenly started to sputter when used.

What might cause this? There is no apparent pressure loss in the sink and there are no kinks in the line itself, but when we push the lever, it sputters and most of the water continues through the faucet into the sink. I am thinking that maybe there is something foreign in the line...this was a rather abrupt change, as opposed to something degrading over time.

TIA.

Reply to
tom_sawyer70

There is a diverter located in the faucet body that makes this work. It could be sediment or age.

Post the brand name and someone will be able to point you to the answer somewhere on the web.

To confirm that it is in the valve body, unscrew the spay head from the hose and see how strong the flow from the hose is when the water is on.

Reply to
Colbyt

If it is the diverter, then replacement hose/nozzle/diverter units can be found at any plumbing supply house/hardware/big box store. The fitting for the hose is often a PITA to get at. You will need a basin wrench -- sucker with the handle and funny wrench on the end that pivots. One is a lifetime supply, but is what you need for working in close quarters under the sink.

Reply to
professorpaul