Kitchen faucet, fix or replace?

Hello:

We have a older ( 10yrs?) kitchen faucet made by Price Pfister. It is a single handle unit with a separate sprayer. I believe it is one of these models - (34-4) , ( J34-4), (834-4)

The operation of the handle has become rough & jerky. But it still works. No leaking or dripping. Can this be fixed with maintenance or must it be replaced? If it MUST be replaced what is a good brand in the $75-$125 price range. Single or dual handle is OK. A sprayer is not necessary (we never use it anyway) but the end of the faucet must accept the screw-in -piece from our portable dish washer.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil

You probably have mineral deposits mingled in with the moving parts. Disassemble and soak the parts in warm vinegar, and scrub with a toothbrush. Water can also contain debris large enough to etch some parts and cause friction. Call a real plumbing supply store to find replacement parts. Might be as simple as what's called a "rebuild kit".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Aw, heck, go treat yourselves to a new faucet that would make kitchen work easier and more fun. There's a time to fix things and a time to enjoy something new and exciting.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

A neighbor (widow) had similar issues with her Delta faucet. I took the handle and top section off( a 'cap' pops off the top of this model revealing the pivot/pin and plastic pivot/seat). I got hold of Delta @ their 800 number and they mailed out TWO new parts..No Charge- it was the plastic part that had worn out. Ten minutes later, good as new. I think I read that PF backs their faucets with a lifetime warranty. Open it up if you can (turn water off first under the sink) hava look and if you see a part thats worn, may need cleaning or a little grease, give it a go or call PF for parts.

Reply to
Rudy

I fixed mine for free with a replacement cartridge from the 800#. But, every once in a while, I do have to take it out and clean it by putting it in vinegar, then flowing water. Works for another three months.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

replying to Phil, Ralph F Chianelli wrote: Nearly all faucet companies will either send repair parts free of charge or a replacement faucet if they can no longer get the parts. They even send a different model of equal or greater value as your old one...give them a call!

Reply to
Ralph F Chianelli

replying to Ralph F Chianelli, ItsJoanNotJoAnn wrote: Well Ralphie, you are replying to an *EIGHT YEAR OLD* thread. I suspect Phil has not been waiting around all these years for you to jump in and offer useless advice.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoAnn

firsti would replumb so the dishwasher is permanetely connected to water and sewer. i did this here, the dishwasher had to go on the other side of the kitchen but its super convenient

then replace the faucet. i like delta single handle faucets.

Reply to
bob haller