Kitchen Faucet "Clunk"

When I turn my kitchen faucet on I hear a "clunk" then there is a one second pause and finally water comes out. This is true of hot AND cold water. I have noticed a drop in water pressure at this faucet also. I can't find a brand name on it . The problem has been incrementally worse. This doesn't seem to be washer related.....

When you say not washer related, have you actually checked it?
If this was happening to me, I would guess the seat and stem have seperated.
I would check that.
hth,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
Tom The Great wrote:

I'll guess it's a bad diverter valve for the sprayer hose.
Bob
Frank B. wrote:

I'm going to guess that this faucet has a spray wand. If so, there is a "diverter" valve buried under the spout. When worn out, that valve may make the "clunk".
How you get to it and what parts you will need depend upon the mfr.
Less likely is that the spray wand is defective.
Jim

You guys seem to have the answer. The spray wand has diminished pressure. I'll check diverter. Thanks.