Kitchen faucet brands - which one?

Looking for suggestions/experiences with different brands of kitchen faucets. Specifically, I am looking at some faucets by Denze and Hansgrohe, but I don't know anything about these companies.
Thanks. D
Ever hear of Moen?

What makes Moen better?
snipped-for-privacy@citigroup.com ( snipped-for-privacy@citigroup.com) said...

When we built our home, my spec was ONLY Moen faucets throughout.
Why? Past experience with their customer service department.
Their motto, "Buy it for looks - buy it for life" is no joke.
Their stuff is guaranteed for life. Though quite seldom, when I have had a problem with any product of theirs and have called them, they have sent replacement parts promptly without any hassles.
As for their cartridges, replacement is even faster! They last a long time and when (if) they do wear out, just take the old one to the nearest Moen dealer (eg: Home Depot) and they will swap it for free - doesn't matter where the faucet was orignally purchased. Moen keeps their dealers stocked with replacemet cartridges and some other minor parts as well.
Very few problems, and no hassle solutions when there were problems - that is why I won't use anything else.
I have no affiliation with Moen, but considering all their stuff I have purchased over the past few years, I should own a share in the company! ;-)
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"I really think Canada should get over to Iraq as quickly as possible"
Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

unless , like me you have hot water heated with a coil in the furnace. water needs to be really hot on the coil to reach 3rd floor washroom. water, over time melted the plastic parts that attatch the handle to the faucet. it's like the bumper to bumper car warrenty - fine, but not when it's always in for repair.

snipped-for-privacy@citigroup.com wrote:

He was smarter than Larry or Curly.

They'e both good higher end brands. Before you buy, make sure you can easily get parts locally in case you need a repair.
Been happy with Delta, we have a high goose neck design which makes washing big pots and pans a lot easier.

Most people like me who have owned Delta and Moen prefer Moen. Delta has a bunch of small spring and seals. Moen just one well built cartridge.

I used to recommend Delta. They closed their local plant and laid off over 300 folks. Moved production out the country.
I no longer buy, recommend, or install Delta. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

That must explain the JUNK quality delta shower wand I got stuck with:(
Absolute piece of #$%$^%

My 1991 home is FULL of Delta. <gag>

No doubt. The domestically produced fixtures in my home are trash and have been so since day one. My biggest regret in choosing Delta is that I'll have to repair ceramic tile when replacing my shower valves with Moen.
Kitchen faucet? Moen with retractible/integral hose. ~$250US
--
:)
JR

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Kitchen-faucet-brands-which-one-102407-.htm ebshulman wrote:
snipped-for-privacy@citigroup.com wrote:

I would highly recommend Kohler. Not because any one brand is better than the other,but because of how they stand by their product. Most faucets have lifetime warranty, but Kohler makes it easy. Ever try to get a defective part replaced on a Delta? I had a Delta in my Kitchen and after three years had a leaky hose where it pulls out. I called Delta, and they would cover it only if I had proof of purchase. WHO KEEPS THAT on a faucet? Had two experiences with Kohler faucets (one was a discoloration of the handle, and the other was a leak). The leak was in a 4 year old faucet. One phone call to Kohler and without hesitation, they sent me a new part. The difference in looks and price are about the same with both companies, but I will always buy Kohler. I have no experience with other brands because they are either too low in quality or too high in price for me. My main suggestion is DONT BUY DELTA. They know that people don't safe the box or receipt for their product, and therefore they make it hard to get a part under warranty.