Kitchen Faucet

Very dissatisfied with Lowes installation. Will not use them again. So far, Mr. Handyman has not done me wrong. It's just that they're not the best to call for one little task. Better to have a list of several little things.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Hmmm, No friends, relatives or neighbors who can point right way? I some times barter work my IT computer help, electrical work, electronics repairs for carpentry most. I have two left hands when cutting a board or hammering nails, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Nope. I don't know any one who is handy like that. My dad used to do his own plumbing stuff but... Any time you used a faucet in his house, you'd have to try to remember which way was hot and which was cold because he often got the lines reversed.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Using any of the big stores is a bit of a crap shoot. They work with various contractors for a fixed price on most things. You may get a great job, you may get a dud.

I used Lowes once for a shower door install. It was a $1000 door and I did not want to screw it up or transport it myself. They did an excellent job. But that is just one instance in one store so others may have different experiences.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's great! They failed to tighten a clamp on my dishwasher hose and my kitchen was flooded. Then Sears did not put the clamp on my dryer vent hose. The hose came off and my house was quickly like a sauna. I did 5 loads of laundry before I discovered the problem. The new washer and dryer are larger than my old ones so they were pretty much wedged in there and they are heavy. So it was really hard for me to move it out to see the hose behind it.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I hadn't been actually been following this thread, but happened to notice the above re: Angie's List. I'm glad Angie is making money, but not off me. Wouldn't go near it with a 10-foot pole. I ask around -- friends & neighbors for references.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

That is how Angie's List is "supposed" to work. Sounds like it may have been corrupted by $$$ though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski