Kitchen done

Well, almost done. Not bad...the project took 3 weeks and was an almost total rebuild.

Still need to do the window treatments and put up a vintage swag lamp over the table.

Call a UFO lamp from the 60's , wife will paint and I will rewire

Reply to
philo

WOW! Glad your wife likes it...(shutting-up now) ( ?~ ?? ? ?°)

Reply to
bob_villa

The cabinets look so modern compared to the rest, but the image is small and I can't see them well. What is the counter? Stainless steel? Did you buy the cabinets stock or build them? If the latter, I'm curious about the finish.

Reply to
Mayayana

philo posted for all of us...

Nice, when you coming over to do mine?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Nice job!

Reply to
Muggles

That's all that counts.

I'd be fine with tar covered walls...just let her do it her way.

Reply to
philo

The cabinets were the same ones that had been put in 25 years ago. The doors and frame are real wood and the rest is particle board. They were very generic looking and basically the new stuff would have been almost identical. Since they were still in good shape and had zero water damage, my wife sanded it down and painted it with semi-gloss paint.

The island that you see has a stainless steel top. It's relatively new and for a lower priced unit...not too bad but it was a lighter shade wood and did not match anything...so my wife sanded it down and painted it to match...so now the cabinet, the island and the stove and fridge ...and one other small cabinet all are black and match.

As I've mentioned, I could care less about how it looked but it matters to my wife and what the heck she did a ton of work...so good for her.

Reply to
philo

I'm really too old for this and am glad it will be done soon.

BTW: I guess my knees really have healed though...the other day I had to break up a cement block and used my 16# sledge hammer...

I never thought I'd be using that thing again.

Reply to
philo

Thanks and here is that UFO lamp

philo

Looks like it'll fit that space nicely.

Reply to
Muggles

It should. we got it for next to nothing...probably because it needed re-wiring.

Hvae replaced the Bakelite sockets with porcelain now

Reply to
philo