Kitchen done

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0ng9p3273t4hec/AACqm4RymzY8p7IOnG-Zz72pa?dl=0
Well, almost done. Not bad...the project took 3 weeks and was an almost total rebuild.
Still need to do the window treatments and put up a vintage swag lamp over the table.
Call a UFO lamp from the 60's , wife will paint and I will rewire
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 8:14:59 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

=0

WOW! Glad your wife likes it...(shutting-up now) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ? ?°)
On 08/26/2015 08:27 AM, bob_villa wrote:

That's all that counts.
I'd be fine with tar covered walls...just let her do it her way.
The cabinets look so modern compared to the rest, but the image is small and I can't see them well. What is the counter? Stainless steel? Did you buy the cabinets stock or build them? If the latter, I'm curious about the finish.
On 08/26/2015 08:35 AM, Mayayana wrote:

The cabinets were the same ones that had been put in 25 years ago. The doors and frame are real wood and the rest is particle board. They were very generic looking and basically the new stuff would have been almost identical. Since they were still in good shape and had zero water damage, my wife sanded it down and painted it with semi-gloss paint.
The island that you see has a stainless steel top. It's relatively new and for a lower priced unit...not too bad but it was a lighter shade wood and did not match anything...so my wife sanded it down and painted it to match...so now the cabinet, the island and the stove and fridge ...and one other small cabinet all are black and match.
As I've mentioned, I could care less about how it looked but it matters to my wife and what the heck she did a ton of work...so good for her.
philo posted for all of us...

Nice, when you coming over to do mine?
--
Tekkie

On 08/26/2015 04:13 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I'm really too old for this and am glad it will be done soon.
BTW: I guess my knees really have healed though...the other day I had to break up a cement block and used my 16# sledge hammer...
I never thought I'd be using that thing again.
On 8/26/2015 8:14 AM, philo wrote:

Nice job!
--
Maggie

On 08/26/2015 05:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

Thanks and here is that UFO lamp
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bekdy67ugb1r53c/UFO_Lamp3.JPG?dl=0
On 8/26/2015 6:30 PM, philo wrote:

Looks like it'll fit that space nicely.
--
Maggie

On 08/26/2015 10:56 PM, Muggles wrote:

It should. we got it for next to nothing...probably because it needed re-wiring.
Hvae replaced the Bakelite sockets with porcelain now