Kitchen Countertop Construction

I am currently constructing a counter top for my kitchen. I need ideas on how to trim the laminate with a Roto-Zip tool so that the edges are perfectly straight. Can I do it by hand? Or do I need to set up a guide. I am using WilsonArt for the laminate. Thanks for help,
geezer
usually, laminate is run wild over the edge of your blank (or existing countertop or whatever) and cut flush with a flush-cutting router bit.

http://www.rotozip.com/Shop/CategorySubBrowse.htm?IIDf606&HID8064&BID
The bearing rides along the front of the counter to give a perfect edge.
<DIV>&gt;I am currently constructing a counter top for my kitchen.&nbsp; I need ideas<BR>&gt; on how to trim the laminate with a Roto-Zip tool so that the edges are<BR>&gt; perfectly straight.&nbsp; Can I do it by hand? Or do I need to set up a<BR>&gt; guide.&nbsp; I am using WilsonArt for the laminate.<BR>&gt; Thanks for help,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; geezer<BR></DIV> <DIV>What you need is a laminate trimming bit.&nbsp; It is a straight router bit with a flush ball bearing on the the end.&nbsp; Rotozip list a laminate&nbsp;trim bit on their website.&nbsp; <A href="http://www.rotozip.com/Shop/CategorySubBrowse.htm?IID=66606&amp;HID=188064&amp;BID=18">Click here for the link.&nbsp; </A></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I've never used a rotozip for routing so not sure how good it will handle routing.&nbsp;&nbsp;Laminate is expensive and it would be a&nbsp;shame to mess it up&nbsp;by not using the best tool for the job.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>There are a couple of options, one purchase a laminate trimmer.&nbsp; This is nothing more that a small router.&nbsp; Or you can buy a regular router with a laminate trimming bit.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>You seem to be a very handy person, so owning a laminate trimmer (can be used for small routing jobs as well) or a router would be a good investment over the long hall.&nbsp; PC, DeWalt and others sell laminate trimmers.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Darrell</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=