Kitchen counter height

Page 2 of 2
If you're planning on putting stools along the counter, you will have to have the legs cut down, they are not made for that height.

mrsgator88 wrote:

An area for stools needs to be HIGHER than 36 inches, up at 44 inches or higher if the stools are intended to be an eating area. We don't envision making an eating area in the Kitchen. Its only a few steps to the Breakfast area.

see "handicap accessible kitchens" searches and: http://www.acessinc.com/handicap_kitchens.htm Robert Gammon wrote:

buffalobill wrote:

Ok, now we're talking. 32.5 inches for all areas EXCEPT dishwasher and dedicated icemaker.
All STANDARD cabinetry, but more expensive than HD, Lowes stuff.
Although they serve the market for people in chairs, it works equally well for folks that are shorter than average.

this is a wonderful opportunity to make your new home handicap accessible which gives it added value. when you build your new home on the ground so a wheelchair can roll out of the van inside the garage and right into the kitchen and right into the shower stall with no steps or barriers to travel or inaccessible sinks or cupboards, you've got a home that will appeal to your height and is full of wonderful extra conveniences to a handicapped user. and the appliance and hvac repairmen love this too, with furnaces and appliances inside the dwelling unit at grade level.
Robert Gammon wrote:

Robert Gammon wrote:

So what is the problem. My mother was 5'2" and my father was a carpenter. Like many carpenters he was a bit rigid so my father made cabinets regular height which my mother hated. Eventually he got smart and made (or fixed) cabinets a a height comfortable for my mother.
Standard cabinets can easily be cut down to any height you want, they just reduce the lower shelf height. Do it yourself, or have a cabinet shop do it, or have a cabinet shop make custom cabinets. Regardless of the cost, you will be much happier with low cabinets, so forget what others think about it.