Kitchen counter grout question

We have solide surface counters and ceramic tile backsplashes. The joints where the counter meet the tile are grouted and are cracking. Almost along every joint on every counter surface. The grout is about 6 months old and have been sealed.
I am assuming this is common and due to moisture, surface flexing, heat, etc. The question is: Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening?
Thanks, Patrick

Not common in my experience. Was non sanded grout used? (showers)
I have exactly the same problem I used sanded grout to fill the gap between the countertop and backsplash .. it cracked, then i filled the newly formed gap with non sanded grout and it is cracking again, i did not seal it, is there any sealer i could apply now? maybe epoxy????

Sealer is not going to make the grout stick to the solid surface material. What makes solid surface so great is that things don't stick to it very well especially a portland cement based product such as grout.
I can't imagine that an installer would grout the joint and expect it to work. The joint is generally filled with silicon caulking because it has to flex. The best way is to leave the joint unfilled so when the caulk is applied it fills the joint and creates a better joint.
The big problem that you are going have is finding matching caulk. Some grout manufactures make matching caulk its not silicon but it would flex better than grout (which doesn't flex at all). Every time I have been given the choice of grout color I always pick a grout that has a matching caulk.

Patrick Holzer wrote:

Use a matching grout caulk, it will flex.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

degrease really well first. i did this, used sanded caulk, used a grout aint to match color.
the color wore down rather fast, the caulk lasted about 6? 8? years.
Patrick Holzer wrote:

no, its not common, shower tile gets a lot more wet
just chip it up best you can and maybe get a shop vac or small wisk broom
you can buy little cartons of grout...5 and 6 dollars...and just mix a little at the time in a small butter container...you don't even need a spoon..mix it thick and then use your fingers...pack it in...go across it with a damp sponge after a few mins let it dry a little
you could always set a toaster up there and block it