kitchen cabinet grout clean or?

Kitchen cabinet top is 2" tile and grout is badly stained, Have tried cleaners, scrubbers, etc. Think I need something to grind top of grout off and possibly replace grout and reseal. Know nothing about this or how to do it. Would appreciate any how-to advice anybody could offer. Thanks
--
thumbs

thumbs wrote:

for grinding out grout. Have to be sure it will fit into your grout line or it could chip the tile. It has a guide, and you push it along. I did a shower stall that way, and other than crouching down for too long it wasn't difficult. I could use a little more muscle for pushing the new grout in. There are also manual saws, but I have not tried them. Our grout had holes, but if yours is solid, I wonder if running sandpaper lightly down the grout line would refresh it?

I did my bath with a Dremmel (killed two). I found the guide to be a waste of time. The grout bits tend to stay in the grout lines anyway. Buy the bits online. I found them 6 for $22 online. HomeDespot wants $11 each. I think I used 18 of them, all but six at $11 each. :-(

I've heard this from others. I've never had trouble with grout. IMO, it's one of the easier tasks when tiling.

I've tried them. Don't waste your sweat.

The Dremmel set to take off 1/16", or less, might work too.
--
Keith

KRW Could you please tell me where online you find the grout bits. Sounds like that is the way to go rather than buying @ Home Depot. Thanks Thumbs
--
thumbs

says...

It is. I blew a lot of money at HomeDespot (hint: they break easily).
http://www.leakyshower.com/regroutingbits.htm
--
Keith

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:26:01 +0100, thumbs wrote:

I'm sure you tried to bleach it eh?

I just did my bathtub with grout whitener. Everyone who looked at it thought I regrouted or retiled (I cleaned and polished the tile as well). It comes in a tube like white shoe polish, the kind with the sponge at the top. It is tedious, but pretty easy to use. I got it at Lowes.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

the epoxy type grouts. Even though they are epoxy, they do still stain. And, what will the grout whitener do with, say, beige colored grout? Does it bleach it white? Thanks.

I don't really know if it can be used on epoxy, but I don't see why not. It doesn't really bleach it, it is almost like painting it. You put it on, let it sit for at least four hours, then polish the excess off the tiles. It adheres to the grout line. It may not adhere as well to epoxy, and the only color I've seen is white. I got it at Lowes.

Look up "grout colorant".
Bob