Kilz paint comes in colors woo hoo

ah this is old news, but why do people pay more for lowes premium?
there is no comparison
I would trust kilz colors from walmart over any other paint on the market in it's league
I always get one coat coverage with kilz colors
I never get one coat coverage from any other paint (unless it's the same color)
and kilz is cheap.. im not talking about the stain and mold blocker, walmart carries a regular tintable base
do yourself a grand favor, use kilz paint. yule thank me!
Agreed,
Consumer reports rated it right up there with behr premium plus and the more expensive brands.
I've used it and have no complaints. I like the pourable plastic jugs to instead of the tin paint can.
Doesn't stink either.

mook Johnson wrote:

be Masco which owns both Behr & Kilz? Think there might be a connection between Behr and Kilz?
Curmudgeon wrote:

I never noticed who owns them
but I tell ya one thing, I was really really impressed with the creamy coverage.
I took a room from a dark hunter green to a light tan or so... it actually covered in one coast, plus a little touch up here an there
I would have NEVER got that from lowes premium American Tradition?...
well lemme get off here, I need to latex my living room

Maybe not. Some quality paints have very high acrylic content and will cover in one coat. Like Sherwin Williams SuperPaint for example. Now, it won't do it in some of the brighter reds and yellows, but normally it is one coat paint. Those who don't buy quality paint won't believe it, but there it is. Now SuperPaint costs $28/gallon or so, and some people can't understand why you'd want to spend more than $14 on a gallon of paint. Well, if you want to buy 2 gallons of $14 paint instead of 1 gallon of $28 paint, and then paint your room twice in a row, go right ahead.
jeffc wrote:

did i mention, kilz brand wall coverings (paint) is ONLY 14 -16 dollars a gallon the higher the gloss, you pay a buck more or so...
Is kilz pronounced "kills" as in, a good exchange of ideas like this just kilz me. Or is it "kilts" as in, they forgot to put on their kilz, which with the bagpipes failing to provide adequate coverage, embarrassed everyone,
A painter was giving me an estimate and every time I'd say "kills", he'd correct me by saying, "kilts".
al wrote:

no, it's kills as in.. kills mold, but they thought they'd be cool and use a Z kilz. if they wanted a T in the annunciation, they coulda put a T, I say Kills