Kilz on the ceiling

I used the oil-based original Kilz to block some water damage to my popcorn textured ceiling. Then I repainted with a flat finish ceiling paint but the area where I used the Kilz is very glossy whilst the rest is flat (as it was supposed to be). Anyone got any ideas about how to proceed to flatten the gloss? I'll redo the ceiling if I have to but I don't want a glossy ceiling.
Agkistrodon
My guess would be that you were either too generous with the Kilz making that area smoother than the rest so it "looks" to have a shine, or you were too stingy with the finish paint which resulted in the Kilz showing through.
Repaint for consistent (or feather out over larger area so it is not as noticeable) texture, or for better (2nd coat) coverage.

DaveW writes

If you're going to use Kil-Z or Bin, or similar product as an undercoat, expect to have the repainted area look noticeable different (either "shiny" or darker than the surrounding area). I found this out the hard way and was later roundly berated by some friends who paint professionally.
You rough up the area you used the Kil-Z on, debriding enough to wear off the topcoat, then re-undercoat with regular primer, feathering out.
In the case of the OP's problem, a popcorn ceiling, I'd suggest debriding gently with a stiff nylon, or perhaps a brass or bronze wire brush. Steel wire's too stiff, IMO.
Best,
Marc

Here is what happened, the Kilz has sealed substrate. Even if you use a cheap vinyl latex paints, the vinyl will not be absorbed into the texture or wallboard and it will have the look you describe.
The cure is to use kilz (or other similar products) from an spray can and apply a light coat (only enough to block the stain). If you use a brush or a roller to apply the kilz from a can, what you describe is a common problem that occurs.
Your cure is to prime the entire ceiling and to then repaint the ceiling. This will give you a nice even look all over.
J.P.